Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fatherless Day

Ever since I can remember I have hated Father's Day. I believe I had every right to, too. My earliest memory of Father's Day was spent crying in my neighbors lap because I has no one to draw a Father's Day picture for. I've cried every year since. Mostly I try to tune out the cascades of Father's Day phrases. I was sad. I was jealous. I was heartbroken. I still am. Now, as tomorrow is Father's Day, I have to face this day. With my new calling of Primary Chorister, I need to stand in front of all of those children and lead them in songs celebrating Fathers. Without tears.

Maybe I can do it. Maybe I can't. Happy Father's (or fatherless) Day.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how sad that must be. I imagine that the sentiment will ripen, at least a little bit, when Blake becomes your child(ren)'s father. For me at least, Father's Day has totally changed now that Morgan is the primary father in my life.

    Prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete